How much muscle mass can you gain in 60 days?
Doing the Boise Experiment I was not able to see the gains as easily as an occasional observer would. BigAndy was helping out at one of the local Body Renew fitness centers in Star Idaho. I called him up and asked if he wanted to take our after photos. We had waited because there was so much muscle soreness from our last workout that I wouldn’t be able to flex.
BigAndy said come on down and we would snap the photos there. We had talked about using a pro photo guy, but we wanted to make sure this experiment was as real as possible. After snapping the photos we could both see that we may benefit from some higher quality photos being done, but either way you can clearly see the results.
Now I am thinking to maybe do some pro pics in a couple months just to again update the BLOG with some more results.
- Neck – old 14.625 inches new 17 inches
- Forearm (3 inch from elbow) – old 11.5 inches new 13 inches
- Bicep (5 inch from crook) –old 12.75 inches new 15 inches
- Hip – 37.25 inches NO CHANGE
- Chest – old 38 inches new 41.5 inches
- Ab – old 32 inches new 34 inches
- Thigh (9 inch up from patella) – old 21.375 inches new 24.75 inches
- Calf – old 14.75 inches new 17.75 inches
- Age – 39 NO CHANGE
NOTE: These measurements are all relaxed measurements.
Total Body fat was (based on 4 point skin-fold measurements)
My scale weight was 202 lbs up from 177 lbs with a Body fat of 14.2% up from 13.8%
As the numbers show my gains were way up!! for me I can’t believe the increase in my neck size LOL. I remember VLOG about how my neck was feeling like it was growing, and you can definitely tell a difference in my neck size from the photos. It’s funny… the one muscle I didn’t exercise directly seems to have grown the most. Well maybe not the most, but quite a bit.